Experience for a lifetime
At Camp Matoaka we understand the importance of our counselors having a unique summer working experience that will remain with them for a lifetime.
Why Matoaka is Unique
Listed below are a few reasons why Camp Matoaka is unique in the way we look after our counselors:
- Counselors are able to receive personal phone calls during free time, and the telephones are covered from 7:30 AM till 11:00 PM daily. Messages will be taken for counselors who receive calls during working hours.
- Camp Matoaka provides transportation for counselors in and out of town four nights per week.
- Counselors have the flexibility to schedule their own rest hour, evening, and night duties.
- We have renovated our counselor lodge with laundry facilities, a television, DVD player, pool table, dart board and seating area.
- Camp staff have access to e-mail and the Internet.
Questions to Ask Yourself
Before you commit to summer camp be sure you have asked all of the right questions. Here are a few questions you should always ask to ensure you find the right camp for you:
- What is the camper to counselor ratio in the bunks and in the departments?
- What is the average age of the counselors?
- How old do you have to be to apply for a counselor’s position?
- Can I use the camp equipment during my free time?
- Do you cater to counselors who have special diets or who are vegetarian?
- Do I have to purchase a staff uniform?
- How do I get to camp?
- Do I have to leave camp on my day off?
- What is the percentage of staff that returns every summer?
- What is the camp philosophy?